-   -   vlookup template -> table_array (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6844-vlookup-template-%3E-table_array.html)

martinbr

vlookup template -> table_array

I'm trying to create a vlookup worksheet template.

I would like to reference the value of cell A1 as the 2nd argument
(table_array) in the function.

Cell A1 would contain the full path, worksheet name, and sheet name of
the worksheet.

For example, cell A1 would be : f:\finance\[October]Revenue!. The
lookup range would be the same in all of the worksheets ($A$1:$B$1)

=VLOOKUP(1,&A1&!$A$1:$B$1,2) does not work.

Thanks in advance.

--
martinbr
martinbr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16697

Frank Kabel

Hi
if the oter files are closed not possible with Excel's built-in functions