-   -   Copying formula to another workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/67876-copying-formula-another-workbook.html)

See

Copying formula to another workbook

I want to use the same formula in another workbook e.g. A1+sheet2!b1, however
when I copy it it links to the other workbook e.g. when I paste I get
[otherworkbook]'a1+Sheet2!B1

How can I copy just the formula so it works in the same cells in my new
workbook

Dave Peterson

Copying formula to another workbook

Try copying from the formula bar and pasting into the formula bar.

--

Dave Peterson

BekkiM

Copying formula to another workbook

If you're only copying one formula, you can copy it out of the formula line
(not sure what it's official name is--the area above the worksheet) instead
of copying and pasting the cell itself. Just make sure to paste the formula
into the formula line as well.

Obviously, this will be cumbersome if you've got a lot of copying and
pasting to do. So, if that's the case, do all your copying and pasting
(don't worry about the workbook references), then do a find/replace to
eliminate all references to [otherworkbook].

"See" wrote:

I want to use the same formula in another workbook e.g. A1+sheet2!b1, however
when I copy it it links to the other workbook e.g. when I paste I get
[otherworkbook]'a1+Sheet2!B1

How can I copy just the formula so it works in the same cells in my new
workbook

Gord Dibben

Copying formula to another workbook

One other method if needing to copy multiple formulas.

In source workbook select your range of formulas.

EditReplace

what: =

with: xxx=

Replace all.

Copy these amended formulas to the target workbook and reverse the editreplace.

Close the source workbook without saving or reverse the editreplace there also.

I prefer the close/no save

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP