-   -   Converting to absolute reference (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/67607-converting-absolute-reference.html)

T De Villiers

Converting to absolute reference

Hi, I need to ensure that if the user enters a lookup range with
relative references, it is converted to absolute.
Below,ive tried using xlabsolute(b), but its not quite working, any
help
is much appreciated

Function taz(a, b, c)

On Error Resume Next
taz = WorksheetFunction.VLookup(a, xlabsolute(b), c, 0)

On Error GoTo 0
If IsError(taz) Then
taz = 0
End If
End Function

--
T De Villiers
T De Villiers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26479

Bob Phillips

Converting to absolute reference

All you can do is use an absolute version of the range provided, which is
totally pointless. Why do you want to do this?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

news:T.De.Villiers.228ubn_1138281903.5455@excelfor um-nospam.com...