-   -   vlookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/67506-vlookup.html)

Mike

vlookup

Hey, I was wondering if you could all help me out. I'm trying to use the
vlookup command to give me a sum of values that meets my requirements. Right
now, it is only returning one value of the array.

Is there a way to return the sum of all values that meet my "lookup_value"?
Or maybe there is a better way to do this. Please let me know!

JMB

vlookup

VLookup returns the first item it finds that matches your criteria.

Check excel help for the SUMIF function. For more complex operations or
criteria, check into SUMPRODUCT
http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html

As examples, either of the following formulas will total the values in A1:A5
that are greater than 3.

SUMIF(A1:A5,"3")
SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A53),A1:A5)