-   -   In Excel, how to count a list of check boxes some are checked? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/67457-excel-how-count-list-check-boxes-some-checked.html)

M. Zak

In Excel, how to count a list of check boxes some are checked?

I have a list of names/accounts, in front of each there's a check-box which
tells if the account was completed or not (checked or cleared - false or
true). How can I count the total of checked and/or unchecked check boxes?
Thank you

Bob Phillips

In Excel, how to count a list of check boxes some are checked?

Link the checkboxes to cells, and then just sum those values.

If it is Forms checkboxes set a value of TRUE or FALSE, control toolbox
checkboxes set a value of 1 or 0.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"M. Zak" <M. wrote in message
I have a list of names/accounts, in front of each there's a check-box

which
tells if the account was completed or not (checked or cleared - false or
true). How can I count the total of checked and/or unchecked check boxes?
Thank you

M. Zak

In Excel, how to count a list of check boxes some are checked?

Thanks for answering, I had to put many check-boxes in the same sheet, so I
just copied and pasted the first one I created, so they're all linked to the
same cell, that's actually the issue I'm having, to link each check box to a
different cell..."
Thanks a lot

"M. Zak" <M. wrote in message
I have a list of names/accounts, in front of each there's a check-box

which
tells if the account was completed or not (checked or cleared - false or
true). How can I count the total of checked and/or unchecked check boxes?
Thank you

M. Zak

In Excel, how to count a list of check boxes some are checked?

Control toolbox

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

What sort of checkboxes, forms or control toolbox?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"M. Zak" <M. wrote in message
I have a list of names/accounts, in front of each there's a check-box
which
tells if the account was completed or not (checked or cleared - false

or
true). How can I count the total of checked and/or unchecked check

boxes?
Thank you

Bob Phillips

In Excel, how to count a list of check boxes some are checked?

This code will link all your CBs to cells in column M

Sub LinkCBs()
Dim i As Long
Dim obj As OLEObject

With ActiveSheet
For Each obj In .OLEObjects
If TypeName(obj.Object) = "CheckBox" Then
i = i + 1
obj.LinkedCell = "M" & i
End If
Next obj
End With

HTH

Bob Phillips

"M. Zak" wrote in message
Control toolbox

"M. Zak" <M. wrote in message
I have a list of names/accounts, in front of each there's a

check-box
which
tells if the account was completed or not (checked or cleared -

false
or
true). How can I count the total of checked and/or unchecked check

boxes?
Thank you

M. Zak

In Excel, how to count a list of check boxes some are checked?

Hi Bob; thanks a lot it's working, now I can count how many false and how
many true for my checkboxes, I just didn't include the first line in my new
sub_code:"Sub LinkCBs()" now it works..thanks again

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

This code will link all your CBs to cells in column M

Sub LinkCBs()
Dim i As Long
Dim obj As OLEObject

With ActiveSheet
For Each obj In .OLEObjects
If TypeName(obj.Object) = "CheckBox" Then
i = i + 1
obj.LinkedCell = "M" & i
End If
Next obj
End With

HTH

Bob Phillips

"M. Zak" wrote in message
Control toolbox

"M. Zak" <M. wrote in message
I have a list of names/accounts, in front of each there's a

check-box
which
tells if the account was completed or not (checked or cleared -

false
or
true). How can I count the total of checked and/or unchecked check
boxes?
Thank you

Ashwini

In Excel, how to count a list of check boxes some are checked?

how about using countif

Ashwini