-   -   manipulating formula values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6710-manipulating-formula-values.html)

Ramy

manipulating formula values

Hi,
i'm trying to use the values returned by a formula to create another
formula. In other words, I have 2 columns. The first being a =vlookup()
formula, the second being a number. I would like to compare the value
returned by vlookup and the number in the second column. how do i do
this?
ramy

--
Ramy
Ramy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16538

JulieD

Hi Ramy

in the third column type
=A1=B1
where A1 is the cell containing the result of the VLOOKUP and B1 is the cell
containing your number. You'll get a TRUE if they match and a FALSE if they
don't.

Cheers
JulieD

"Ramy" wrote in message

i'm trying to use the values returned by a formula to create another
formula. In other words, I have 2 columns. The first being a =vlookup()
formula, the second being a number. I would like to compare the value
returned by vlookup and the number in the second column. how do i do
this?
ramy

--
Ramy
Ramy's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=318789

Ramy

doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm doing =A1=B1 where A1 and B1 have
the same value as far as I can see. I'm getting FALSE.

--
Ramy
Ramy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16538
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=318789

Ramy

never mind. i just needed to =Trim() the comparative column. Thanks for
your help!

--
Ramy
Ramy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16538
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=318789

JulieD

Hi Ramy

glad it's sorted .. thanks for the feedback

Cheers
JulieD