-   -   Refresh data from an Excel sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/66862-refresh-data-excel-sheet.html)

Sierras

Refresh data from an Excel sheet

Hello,

I have 3 files which have data. Two are text files and one is an excel
file (data1.txt, data2.txt and data3.xls)

I have another excel file which I use the data from these files called
Summary.xls. It has 3 sheets called data1, data2 and data3 and one
Summary sheet.

I could easily update the data from the text files using refresh data, but
can not find an easy way to refresh the data from the excel sheet. I
searched this newsgroup for something similar but everything appears to
require extensive programming. Am I missing something or is there an easy
way to do this??

Thanks

Sierras

Refresh data from an Excel sheet

Has anyone had a chance to look at this? It's been over a month since my
request and haven't had any responses. I'm still doing the copy and
pasting from one workbook to another and would really like to automate
it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks...