-   -   creating pages from an alphabetical list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6684-creating-pages-alphabetical-list.html)

Andrew

creating pages from an alphabetical list

I have a list of 1,000 plus words, sorted alphabetically in Excel. I would
like to create three-column wide pages of these words. For example, the first
page would run with words starting with letter A and the third column may end
halfway through C lettered words, with the rest of the "Cs" started at the
top of the first column of the second page, and then on to the Ds, so on.
What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks, Andrew

JulieD

Hi Andrew

personally, i would copy & paste them into word (if they end up in a table,
select the table, use table / convert table to text) and then select them
again and use format / columns - choose 3 and there you have it.

You could then copy & paste them back into Excel if you really needed them
in excel.

Cheers
JulieD