-   -   Can I use a function to detect whether a cell is highlighted? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/66781-can-i-use-function-detect-whether-cell-highlighted.html)

Martin Williams

Can I use a function to detect whether a cell is highlighted?

I want to make the contents of a cell dependant on whether another cell is
highlighted in yellow or not. I can find no way of doing this. I'm using
Excel 2003, but would also like to use on Excel 2000.

Bob Phillips

Can I use a function to detect whether a cell is highlighted?

Try a UDF

Function CI(rng as range)
if rng.count = 1 then
CI = rng.interior.colorindex
endif
End Function

and use like

=IF(CI(A1)=6,...

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Martin Williams" <Martin wrote in
message ...
I want to make the contents of a cell dependant on whether another cell is
highlighted in yellow or not. I can find no way of doing this. I'm using
Excel 2003, but would also like to use on Excel 2000.

Can I use a function to detect whether a cell is highlighted?

Hi

Have a look he
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm
This is one of Chip Pearson's pages - and his site is well worth
bookmarking.

Hope this helps.
Andy.