Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
anny

Default populating a worksheet

Greetings (I'm sure this is easy, but I'm new to quite Excel)

I have a workbook with several sheets. WS1 has columns EmplNum, LName,
FName, Category, DateOfBirth, etc...
The Categories are driver, maintenance, cleaner, secretary, manager ....

I'd like WS2, 3, 4 etc to be automatically populated from WS1 by category.
Lets say WS2 is for drivers. It needs to show the EmplNum, LName, FName
of the drivers in the first three columns of WS2. Other columns will hold
info specific to drivers. When a new driver is added to WS1, say, he/she
needs to be updated on WS2. I can complete the missing entries in WS2 at a
later time.

WS3 would handle the cleaners, and so on.

Much thanks for any help offered
anny