Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sharon Mann

Default How to check multiple cells

First, thanks to pdberger and Ron Rosenfeld for my earlier question. This is
sort of the opposite problem:

On Sheet1, starting with A1 is a 2 column table:

Standby -
Minimum -
Moderate X
Full -

On Sheet2 I want to enter a string of text in a cell if ANY of the cells in
Sheet1!B1 to B4 contain an "X". If none of the cells contain the "X", then I
want to enter nothing ("").

Any takers? Thanks in advance!

Sharon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi Sharon

One way
=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!B1:B4,"X")0,"yourtext","")

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Sharon Mann" wrote in message
First, thanks to pdberger and Ron Rosenfeld for my earlier question.
This is sort of the opposite problem:

On Sheet1, starting with A1 is a 2 column table:

Standby -
Minimum -
Moderate X
Full -

On Sheet2 I want to enter a string of text in a cell if ANY of the
cells in Sheet1!B1 to B4 contain an "X". If none of the cells contain
the "X", then I want to enter nothing ("").

Any takers? Thanks in advance!

Sharon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish has a bunch of notes about counting cells at:
http://contextures.com/xlFunctions04.html