-   -   calculation in an if formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/66592-calculation-if-formula.html)

Sharon L.

calculation in an if formula

I have three colums B1:B3. I need a formula that will look at B1 and if
there is a value in it, multiply the value by 300, then look at B2 and if
there is a value, multiply it by 325, and then look at B3 and if there is a
value, multiply it by 350 and then add all three of those together. Could
someone please help me with this? Thanks in advance.

Peo Sjoblom

calculation in an if formula

One way

=SUMPRODUCT(B1:B3,{300;325;350})

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"Sharon L." <Sharon wrote in message
I have three colums B1:B3. I need a formula that will look at B1 and if
there is a value in it, multiply the value by 300, then look at B2 and if
there is a value, multiply it by 325, and then look at B3 and if there is
value, multiply it by 350 and then add all three of those together. Could
someone please help me with this? Thanks in advance.

daddylonglegs

calculation in an if formula

If there isn't a value will the cells be blank? If so

=B1*300+B2*325+B3*350

If there might be text in the range

=SUMPRODUCT(B1:B3,{300;325;350})

--