-   -   Count if cells have multiple data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/66516-count-if-cells-have-multiple-data.html)

telewats

Count if cells have multiple data

Hello,

Is there a way to count cells that contain multiple data? For example,
I want to count the cells that contain "5 days:001", "5 days:002",
"5 days:003", etc. The cells contain more data than I've listed,
however this is the data I need to pull. I've tried the COUNTIF
function, and it seems to be working if I only include one or two
criteria, but I have six criteria I need to count.

Thanks!

--
telewats
telewats's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30270

Ron Rosenfeld

Count if cells have multiple data

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:30:16 -0600, telewats
wrote:

Hello,

Is there a way to count cells that contain multiple data? For example,
I want to count the cells that contain "5 days:001", "5 days:002",
"5 days:003", etc. The cells contain more data than I've listed,
however this is the data I need to pull. I've tried the COUNTIF
function, and it seems to be working if I only include one or two
criteria, but I have six criteria I need to count.

Thanks!

=COUNTIF(rng,CRITERIA_1) + COUNTIF(rng,CRITERIA_2) + COUNTIF(...

--ron

Bill Kuunders

Count if cells have multiple data

what about =countif(B1:b10,A1)+countif(B1:B10,A2)+countif(B1: B10,A3)+

A1 ,A2,....A6 hold your six criteria

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K