-   -   Comparing 3 numbers and displaying the lesser of the three (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6650-comparing-3-numbers-displaying-lesser-three.html)

tbible

Comparing 3 numbers and displaying the lesser of the three

I need to compare 3 numbers for example:

4

6

10

I need a formula that compares the three and puts the lesser of the 3 in a
different field or box.

Can someone help me?

jtrevill

Try

=MIN(M8:M10)

Where M8:M10 is the range of the data you are looking at...

--
jtrevill
jtrevill's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16601

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

=MIN(4,6,10)
or
=MIN(A1:A3)
with 3 values in range A1:A3,
or, when you search for minimal absolute value, then
=MIN(ABS(A1:A3))

Arvi Laanemets