Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anthony

Default Can't right click

Help !!

for some reson two of my macros's attached to two pics in my worksheet have
'dropped out' and the right click has been somehow disabled so I can't edit
the pics so that I can reattach them.
The worksheet is full of various bits of VB code (most of which has been
donated from here) so I don't even know where to start looking in the VB
editor for the potential problem.

Anybody any ideas to help, or what to look for in the code??

many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anthony

Hi Dave,
no it isn't

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is the worksheet protected?

Anthony wrote:

Help !!

for some reson two of my macros's attached to two pics in my worksheet have
'dropped out' and the right click has been somehow disabled so I can't edit
the pics so that I can reattach them.
The worksheet is full of various bits of VB code (most of which has been
donated from here) so I don't even know where to start looking in the VB
editor for the potential problem.

Anybody any ideas to help, or what to look for in the code??

many thanks

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Anthony

Possible the sheet is protected which would disable the right-click on the
picture unless you had "edit objects" checked when protecting.

Does the right-click menu pop up when you right-click on a cell or column/row?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:32:02 -0800, "Anthony"
wrote:

Help !!

for some reson two of my macros's attached to two pics in my worksheet have
'dropped out' and the right click has been somehow disabled so I can't edit
the pics so that I can reattach them.
The worksheet is full of various bits of VB code (most of which has been
donated from here) so I don't even know where to start looking in the VB
editor for the potential problem.

Anybody any ideas to help, or what to look for in the code??

many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anthony

Gord,
The sheets(s) are not protected, and no, the right click menu doesn't show
if I right click anywhere !
uuummmm

wrote:

Help !!

for some reson two of my macros's attached to two pics in my worksheet have
'dropped out' and the right click has been somehow disabled so I can't edit
the pics so that I can reattach them.
The worksheet is full of various bits of VB code (most of which has been
donated from here) so I don't even know where to start looking in the VB
editor for the potential problem.

Anybody any ideas to help, or what to look for in the code??

many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Does it only happen in that one worksheet? Only one workbook?

What happens if you start excel in safe mode:

close excel
windows start button|Run
excel /safe

file|open your workbook and test it out.

wrote:

Help !!

for some reson two of my macros's attached to two pics in my worksheet have
'dropped out' and the right click has been somehow disabled so I can't edit
the pics so that I can reattach them.
The worksheet is full of various bits of VB code (most of which has been
donated from here) so I don't even know where to start looking in the VB
editor for the potential problem.

Anybody any ideas to help, or what to look for in the code??

many thanks

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anthony

Dave,
Clever!
opened the worksheet as suggested in safe mode (never new that exsisted) and
the right click works fine. Can I adjust things and then save the file for
use in normal mode??
Cheers

wrote:

Help !!

for some reson two of my macros's attached to two pics in my worksheet have
'dropped out' and the right click has been somehow disabled so I can't edit
the pics so that I can reattach them.
The worksheet is full of various bits of VB code (most of which has been
donated from here) so I don't even know where to start looking in the VB
editor for the potential problem.

Anybody any ideas to help, or what to look for in the code??

many thanks

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Anthony

Sounds like code disabled the Cell right-click menu.

Run this macro.

Sub reset()
Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True
End Sub

How about if you right-click on a sheet tab?

If sheet tab r-click is also disabled you need

Sub reset()
Application.CommandBars("Plyl").Enabled = True
End Sub

I would also be looking at any workbooks or add-ins that may have code running
to disable the right-click menu if it occurs again.

Gord

wrote:

Help !!

for some reson two of my macros's attached to two pics in my worksheet have
'dropped out' and the right click has been somehow disabled so I can't edit
the pics so that I can reattach them.
The worksheet is full of various bits of VB code (most of which has been
donated from here) so I don't even know where to start looking in the VB
editor for the potential problem.

Anybody any ideas to help, or what to look for in the code??

many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chip Pearson

Application.CommandBars("Plyl").Enabled = True

Should be "Ply" not "Plyl".

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

wrote:

Help !!

for some reson two of my macros's attached to two pics in my
worksheet have
'dropped out' and the right click has been somehow disabled
so I can't edit
the pics so that I can reattach them.
The worksheet is full of various bits of VB code (most of
which has been
donated from here) so I don't even know where to start
looking in the VB
editor for the potential problem.

Anybody any ideas to help, or what to look for in the code??

many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Typo patrol!

Thanks for the correction Chip

Gord

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:47:37 -0600, "Chip Pearson" wrote:

Application.CommandBars("Plyl").Enabled = True

Should be "Ply" not "Plyl".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anthony

Gord,

the code....
Sub reset()
Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True
End Sub
did the trick for normal r-click, but on running the other bit I get an
error...

Run-Time error '5' invalid procedure call or argument

...also still unable to r-click on my images, as this is what I realy want to
do so that I can adjust which macro they point to.

thanks this far

wrote:

Help !!

for some reson two of my macros's attached to two pics in my worksheet have
'dropped out' and the right click has been somehow disabled so I can't edit
the pics so that I can reattach them.
The worksheet is full of various bits of VB code (most of which has been
donated from here) so I don't even know where to start looking in the VB
editor for the potential problem.

Anybody any ideas to help, or what to look for in the code??

many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anthony

Chip,
thanks - that's the tabs sorted, any ideas why I can't right click on my
images?

wrote:

Help !!

for some reson two of my macros's attached to two pics in my
worksheet have
'dropped out' and the right click has been somehow disabled
so I can't edit
the pics so that I can reattach them.
The worksheet is full of various bits of VB code (most of
which has been
donated from here) so I don't even know where to start
looking in the VB
editor for the potential problem.

Anybody any ideas to help, or what to look for in the code??

many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

It might be easier to just kill all the toolbars (reset to factory defaults).

if you want to try:

close excel
windows start button|search
look for *.xlb
and rename all you find to *.xlbOLD

restart excel and test it out

You'll have to rebuild any custom changes you've made.

===
If it doesn't work, just rename the *.xlbOLD back to *.xlb (you may have to
delete any new *.xlb before you rename the old)

wrote:

Help !!

for some reson two of my macros's attached to two pics in my worksheet have
'dropped out' and the right click has been somehow disabled so I can't edit
the pics so that I can reattach them.
The worksheet is full of various bits of VB code (most of which has been
donated from here) so I don't even know where to start looking in the VB
editor for the potential problem.

Anybody any ideas to help, or what to look for in the code??

many thanks

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anthony

ummm - this could be to much work for something simple,
I'll have a think about that Dave, but many thanks for your suggestions
kind regards