-   -   Sheets duplicating (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/66266-sheets-duplicating.html)

Abby

Sheets duplicating

When I type info on sheet1 - it also displays the same info on the following
sheets. My file name as [Group] at the end of it. Have I some how
grouped/linked my worksheets together? Why is info duplicating on each sheet
in Excel?

[email protected]

Sheets duplicating

It seems that you have more than one sheet selected. You can confirm by
looking at the color of the sheet tabs on the bottom. The selected
sheets have a white background by default, rather than grey. It is
sometimes hard to see on an LCD monitor (laptop or flat screen)...try
looking straight on (at eye-level).

In any event, you can ungroup the sheets by right-clicking the sheet
tab and choosing ''Ungroup Sheets".

Duke Carey

Sheets duplicating

When it says grouped, you have somehow managed to select all the sheets at
the same time (look at the tabs - they should all be white). When this
happens anything you enter on one sheet is copied onto all selected sheets.
Handy, but dangerous.

Simply right click the tabs and choose Ungroup