-   -   help please (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/66169-help-please.html)

darkbearpooh1

help please

I am entering projections on a worksheet
example $100 in cell 1 $200 in cell 2 ect.

I have a chart that states the criteria needed for each amount entered
example $0-$78 = 1
$79-200= 2
ect ect.

i need a formula where i can enter the projections in one cell and
based on those projections and the chart give the number for those is
this possible

--
darkbearpooh1
darkbearpooh1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30640

Gord Dibben

help please

pooh

Don't know how far ect.(sic) extends, but here is a formula you can adjust.

=LOOKUP(A1,{0,79,201},{1,2,3}) entered in B1

Drag/copy down B as far as you wish.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:55:31 -0600, darkbearpooh1
wrote:

I am entering projections on a worksheet
example $100 in cell 1 $200 in cell 2 ect.

I have a chart that states the criteria needed for each amount entered
example $0-$78 = 1
$79-200= 2
ect ect.

i need a formula where i can enter the projections in one cell and
based on those projections and the chart give the number for those is
this possible

darkbearpooh1

help please

That works perfect Thanks So Much! I have more work To do to the
worksheet so i might be posting again shortly thanks!!!!!