-   -   Category Labels(X) axis on a chart: (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/66083-category-labels-x-axis-chart.html)

Ali

Category Labels(X) axis on a chart:

I have a Chart
Y-Axis shows percentages
X- Axis shows names of campanies
There are approximately 30 names in the Table.
On many months, the percentages are ZERO for most of the Companies, with
just a few companies having provided business. The chart is looking messy
with so many unnecessary names on the chart.
I would like to have a formula for the Category Label (X) Axis that names
will only appear on the charts X- Axis, IF the company percentage is greater
than 0%.
is this possible?

Andy Pope

Category Labels(X) axis on a chart:

Hi,

Perhaps you could adapt this technique for highlighting categories.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/hiliteaxislabels.htm

You only need to use 1 extra data series for the labels you wish to show.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Ali

Category Labels(X) axis on a chart:

Hi Andy
Thanks, this makes sense. However, I would not know what formula to use if
I do not want any category label to show if the percentage is not greater
than zero?
Any ideas