-   -   Weird wrapping in cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6588-weird-wrapping-cell.html)

Meagnon

Weird wrapping in cell

I'm copy/pasting from Word. The paragraph looks great except the last few
sentences don't wrap. Format, cell, alignment is checked for "wrap text" and
not shrinking to fit. Any suggestions?

Meagnon

I found my own answer but in case anyone else needs to know, Excel will only
SHOW 1024 (or some number close to that) per cell. Those characters will show
up in the formula line but not in the actual cell slot. Merging the cells
doesn't help, either.

"Meagnon" wrote:

I'm copy/pasting from Word. The paragraph looks great except the last few
sentences don't wrap. Format, cell, alignment is checked for "wrap text" and
not shrinking to fit. Any suggestions?

Dave Peterson

xl's help says that you can only see 1024 characters in the cell. But it's not
true. If you pepper your text with a bunch of alt-enters (to force line breaks
within the cell), you can see lots more.

After a while, xl gives up when you try autofitting the rowheight, though. But
you can manually adjust that.

--

Dave Peterson