-   -   Formula to reference column heading (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6584-formula-reference-column-heading.html)

JimDandy

Formula to reference column heading

Thanks for the quick reply. I looked at that function but could not see
how to use it to reference a worksheet with the name "03". It works
fine within the same worksheet but doesn't appear to be able to create
a reference off sheet.

It could just be my misunderstanding of its correct use in my situation
however, so if you could povide an example I would be grateful.

--
JimDandy
JimDandy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16578

Frank Kabel

Hi
if you want to reference for example the range A1:A100 on a separate sheet
and the sheet name is in Q3 try
INDIRECT("'" & Q3 & "'!A1:A100")

within the Sumproduct formula

"JimDandy" wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I looked at that function but could not see
how to use it to reference a worksheet with the name "03". It works
fine within the same worksheet but doesn't appear to be able to create
a reference off sheet.

It could just be my misunderstanding of its correct use in my situation
however, so if you could povide an example I would be grateful.

--
JimDandy
JimDandy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16578
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=314401

JimDandy

Many thanks, Frank! That was just what I needed....