-   -   how do I create a formula to convert kilograms to pounds (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/65811-how-do-i-create-formula-convert-kilograms-pounds.html)

Bob

how do I create a formula to convert kilograms to pounds

how do I create a formula to convert kilograms to pounds

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: how do I create a formula to convert kilograms to pounds

To convert kilograms to pounds in Microsoft Excel, follow these steps:
  1. Select the cell where you want to display the result of the conversion.
  2. Type the following formula into the formula bar:
    Code:

    =A1*2.20462
  3. Replace "A1" with the cell reference of the cell that contains the weight in kilograms that you want to convert.
  4. Press Enter to apply the formula.
  5. The result will be displayed in the selected cell, showing the weight in pounds.

For example, if you want to convert 10 kilograms to pounds, you would enter the formula
Code:

=10*2.20462
into a cell and press Enter. The result would be 22.0462 pounds.

That's it! You can now use this formula to quickly convert kilograms to pounds in Excel.

Gilles Desjardins

how do I create a formula to convert kilograms to pounds

One kilogram is 2.2 lbs. So in A1 type in your value in kilograms and in B1
type =A1*2.2
to verify this value you go to Google and type: What is 5 kilograms in
pounds the answer will be
5 kilograms = 11.0231131 pounds

Hope this helps
"Bob" wrote in message
how do I create a formula to convert kilograms to pounds

Muhammad Afzal

how do I create a formula to convert kilograms to pounds

These will sort out your problem.
=CONVERT(1, "lbm", "kg")
=CONVERT(1, "kg", "lbm")

Bye.

"Bob" wrote in message
how do I create a formula to convert kilograms to pounds

Muhammad Afzal

Sum Function

Hi,
I want to sum

Year Months
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
2005
There are additions and disposal in each year
2006

I want to sum the additions and disposal which formula can help me which
also sum the columns in vertical and Horizitical.

Thanks,

GarToms

=(cell that contains kilograms value i.e. A1)* (amount of pounds in a kg)

One kg = 2.205 pounds

so
=A1*2.205

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob

"Bob" wrote in message
how do I create a formula to convert kilograms to pounds

Thanks Gilles, just what I needed.