-   -   How to create a link including all formatting from origin cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/65546-how-create-link-including-all-formatting-origin-cell.html)

PlatinSam

How to create a link including all formatting from origin cell?

I need to use absolute cell references in link format to include all
formatting from the original cell. No luck finding anything in "FAQ" or
elsewhere.

Shariq

How to create a link including all formatting from origin cell?

Hi !
you have to do the following, type the name of the file you want to import
data from in the cell of other book you would like to see e.g =[name of
original book]
then you have to type the sheet you want to import data from e.g. JANUARY 2006
AND as the last thing the cell numbers e.g. A1 OR B2 OR K7, WHERE EVER THE
INFORMATION IS STORED IN THE ORIGINAL BOOK,
THIS COULD LOOK LIKE THIS
=[NAMEOFORIGINLBOOK]JANUARY2006!A1
TRY I HOPE IT WAS HEPLFUL TO YOUR QUERY, IF NOT ASK ME AGAIN MAY BE I COULD
HELP YOU FURTHER WITH THAT
BYE
SHARIQ
"PlatinSam" wrote:

I need to use absolute cell references in link format to include all
formatting from the original cell. No luck finding anything in "FAQ" or
elsewhere.

Gord Dibben

How to create a link including all formatting from origin cell?

Linked cells do not carry over the formatting of the source cells........values
only.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP