-   -   Changing other fields using IF Function!? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/65514-changing-other-fields-using-if-function.html)

Neo1

Changing other fields using IF Function!?

Hello, I have a question which seems to be puzzling, I want to set a
formula in which if a certain cell reaches for example "3000" i want it
to change another cell in the spreadsheet this cell is a drag and drop
cell in which it has options so for instance if a cell reaches 3000 i
want it to change the drag and drop cell to "mars" which is in part of
the list... How could I do this if its possible?

Thanks for your time
From John Wood

--
Neo1
Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30329

Govind

Changing other fields using IF Function!?

Hi,

Go to the cell, which you want to change to mars.

Type in

=IF(A1=3000,"Mars","")

where A1 is the cell which has got the value.

Regards

Govind.

Neo1 wrote:

Hello, I have a question which seems to be puzzling, I want to set a
formula in which if a certain cell reaches for example "3000" i want it
to change another cell in the spreadsheet this cell is a drag and drop
cell in which it has options so for instance if a cell reaches 3000 i
want it to change the drag and drop cell to "mars" which is in part of
the list... How could I do this if its possible?

Thanks for your time
From John Wood

Neo1

Changing other fields using IF Function!?

But the cell i want it to be changed to mars is a drop and down list
with all items and in it includes mars too i want to find a way to
change that cell to display mars automatically when some other cell
reaches 3000...

Thanks for your time
From John Wood

--
Neo1
Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30329
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=501876

Arla

Changing other fields using IF Function!?

You said it was a drop down list? How many items are in this drop down list
and when do you use those items, and on what conditions? Maybe you need to
use a conditional format?
Arla

"Neo1" wrote:

But the cell i want it to be changed to mars is a drop and down list
with all items and in it includes mars too i want to find a way to
change that cell to display mars automatically when some other cell
reaches 3000...

Thanks for your time
From John Wood

--
Neo1
Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30329
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=501876

Neo1

Changing other fields using IF Function!?

Still haven't developed the spreadsheet with the formula but ive written
down in theory...the drop down list i suppose will have three items,
mars, coke and fanta

It's basically what i stated above..

Thanks for your time

From John Wood