-   -   HOW DO I ADD AMOUNTS FOR DIFERENT VALUES (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/65309-how-do-i-add-amounts-diferent-values.html)

Paulo Coelho

HOW DO I ADD AMOUNTS FOR DIFERENT VALUES

what i want to do is make a formule that will add £0.50 to any value over
£20.00 but to add £0.25 to any value under £20.00.
i know it can be done but i can't remember how to do it

Peo Sjoblom

HOW DO I ADD AMOUNTS FOR DIFERENT VALUES

=IF(A1="","",IF(A1=20,A1+0.5,A1+0.25))

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"Paulo Coelho" <Paulo wrote in message
what i want to do is make a formule that will add £0.50 to any value over
£20.00 but to add £0.25 to any value under £20.00.
i know it can be done but i can't remember how to do it

Michael Gill

HOW DO I ADD AMOUNTS FOR DIFERENT VALUES

Hi Paulo,

if you have the £20.00 in cell A1 then go to cell b1 and enter:
=IF(A1<20,A1+0.25,A1+0.5).

Hope this helps

Michael Gill
- If you found this post useful please press "Yes" under the "Was this post
helpful section" - Thanks :)