-   -   EXCEL SPREADSHEET SET-UP QUESTION (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/65282-excel-spreadsheet-set-up-question.html)

mayoslc

EXCEL SPREADSHEET SET-UP QUESTION

I have a spreadsheet with 4 tabs. Tab 4 is the master list with the
information I need. Tab 1 is a modeling spreadsheet whereby you enter
information and it takes the information from tab 1 onto tab 2 which
calculates the information you just entered. I am trying to create a cell on
tab 1 which I can enter a property ID number and it will go to tab 4 and
capture certain information in a certain cell, then transfer the information
onto designated cells on tab 1. Has anyone done this before? I have seen it
done where you can enter a social security number in a field and it will
populate the information into the cells.

Anne Troy

EXCEL SPREADSHEET SET-UP QUESTION

I believe you're looking for VLOOKUP. Here's a tutorial on something similar
to what you want to do:
http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...soft_excel.htm
And here's an explanation of VLOOKUP:

Hope it helps!