-   -   Vlookup for range, help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/65186-vlookup-range-help.html)

dark_snowboy

Vlookup for range, help

I have a range of values below. How do i get the Percentage to show when
i want to lookup a value of $700 from the table?

A B
Range Percent
$0 - $499 0%
$500 - $999 2%
$1000 - $1499 5%
$1500 - $1999 8%
$2000 - $2499 10%
$2500 - $2999 13%
$3000 - $3499 15%
$3500 - $3999 20%
More than $4000 25%

I know how to do the basic Vlookup for just a value, but im not sure
how to do so for a range of numbers. Please help, thanks.

--
dark_snowboy
dark_snowboy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30466

Govind

Vlookup for range, help

Hi,

Build your table in the following way

Minimum value Percent

0 0%
500 2% and so on

Then use =VLOOKUP(A1,RANGE,2,TRUE)

where A1 is the cell where you have $700 and Range refers to the area
where you have your reference table.

Regards

Govind.

dark_snowboy wrote:
I have a range of values below. How do i get the Percentage to show when
i want to lookup a value of $700 from the table?

A B
Range Percent
$0 - $499 0%
$500 - $999 2%
$1000 - $1499 5%
$1500 - $1999 8%
$2000 - $2499 10%
$2500 - $2999 13%
$3000 - $3499 15%
$3500 - $3999 20%
More than $4000 25%

I know how to do the basic Vlookup for just a value, but im not sure
how to do so for a range of numbers. Please help, thanks.

dark_snowboy

Vlookup for range, help

Hi I followed your steps but an error happened called: #NAME?
How do i solve it?

Thanks

dark_snowboy wrote:
[...]

Dave Peterson

Vlookup for range, help

Show what you used. Remember to change Range to the address that holds the
table:

=VLOOKUP(A1,sheet2!a1:b99,2,TRUE)