-   -   Infinite Updating Column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/64973-infinite-updating-column.html)

murphyslaw18

Infinite Updating Column

How does someone write, lets say an average function to constantly update
from a column that has no definite end? Currently I am using:

=AVERAGE(J5:J35)

but this will have to constantly be changed as the J column is filled out.

Peo Sjoblom

Infinite Updating Column

Use a dynamic range

http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

=AVERAGE(MyRange)

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"murphyslaw18" wrote in message
How does someone write, lets say an average function to constantly update
from a column that has no definite end? Currently I am using:

=AVERAGE(J5:J35)

but this will have to constantly be changed as the J column is filled out.

bpeltzer

Infinite Updating Column

If there's nothing else numeric in the column, you can just leave off the row
qualifiers: =average(j:j)