-   -   Can unmerged cell contents be split to another cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/64911-can-unmerged-cell-contents-split-another-cell.html)

Karyn

Can unmerged cell contents be split to another cell

I have 17 digit/letter combination (vehicle VIN) that was imported in to
excel. The VIN number was not merged, it came over in one cell. I would
like to separate the last seven characters (our stock #) into a different
cell. Is this possible?

Duke Carey

Can unmerged cell contents be split to another cell

=right(vin #,7) will get the last 7 characters
=left(vin#,10) will get the first 10 characters