-   -   Rounding Decimals (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6471-rounding-decimals.html)

Sho

Rounding Decimals

Is there a function that will round decimals to the nearest 10 e.g. if I had
62.675 I would want it to round to 63.

chathag

Try using the round function on the function wizard.

--
chathag
chathag's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16519

JulieD

Hi Sho

you might like to play with
=ROUND(62.675,0)
=ROUNDUP(62.675,0)

which will both (in this case) return 63
and for completion sake have a look at
=ROUNDDOWN(62.675,0)
which will return 62

Cheers
JulieD

"Sho" wrote in message
Is there a function that will round decimals to the nearest 10 e.g. if I
had
62.675 I would want it to round to 63.

Frank Kabel

Also check out:
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Rounding.html

"Sho" wrote:

Is there a function that will round decimals to the nearest 10 e.g. if I had
62.675 I would want it to round to 63.

Sho

I did find the Round functions but I also want to Round to the nearest 5 e.g.

281.326 should round to 381.35
302.320 should round to 302.30
4.675 should round to 4.70

Any ideas?

"Sho" wrote:

Is there a function that will round decimals to the nearest 10 e.g. if I had
62.675 I would want it to round to 63.

JulieD

Hi
302.320 should round to 302.30
4.675 should round to 4.70

use
=ROUND(302.320,1)
=ROUND(4.675,1)

i'm not sure on how to do this on

"Sho" wrote:

Is there a function that will round decimals to the nearest 10 e.g. if
I had
62.675 I would want it to round to 63.

Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 04:25:03 -0800, Sho wrote:

I did find the Round functions but I also want to Round to the nearest 5 e.g.

281.326 should round to 381.35
302.320 should round to 302.30
4.675 should round to 4.70

Any ideas?

According to your examples, you want to round to the nearest 0.05 (not the
nearest 5).

To round to the nearest 0.05, use the formula:

=ROUND(A1/0.05,0)*0.05

To round to the nearest 5, use the formula:

=ROUND(A1/5,0)*5

--ron