-   -   convert string to number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6464-convert-string-number.html)

Christina

convert string to number

Hi there,

I need your help, please. How can I convert a stingfield to a integerfield
in excel 97?

It´s very important.

Thanks in advance!

Christina

Frank Kabel

Hi
you may provide some more detail. But you may have alook at the vALUE function

"Christina" wrote:

Hi there,

I need your help, please. How can I convert a stingfield to a integerfield
in excel 97?

It´s very important.

Thanks in advance!

Christina

Christina

Allright. I have an application which exports a file as a xls file. The cells
in this file are strings but I need numbers. So how can I convert these
strings to numbers?

Thanks in advance!

Christina

"Christina" wrote:

Hi there,

I need your help, please. How can I convert a stingfield to a integerfield
in excel 97?

It´s very important.

Thanks in advance!

Christina

JulieD

Hi Christina

try this, select a blank cell on another worksheet that you've not played
with and copy it
now select all of your cells and choose edit / paste special - ADD
this should put them all back to numbers

Cheers
julieD