-   -   How do I see the sum or other function in the bottom bar of my Ex. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6456-how-do-i-see-sum-other-function-bottom-bar-my-ex.html)

Becky

How do I see the sum or other function in the bottom bar of my Ex.

I am trying to figure out how to set up the function in Ecel where if you
highlight a group of cells you can see the sum tally in the bottom bar of the
window. I know you can choose different functions as well to see there, I
just can't figure out how to get that option.

Myrna Larson

At least in Excel 2002, if you right-click on an empty part of the status bar,
you'll see a menu to select the function you want.

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:01:33 -0800, "Becky"
wrote:

I am trying to figure out how to set up the function in Ecel where if you
highlight a group of cells you can see the sum tally in the bottom bar of the
window. I know you can choose different functions as well to see there, I
just can't figure out how to get that option.

Gord Dibben

Becky

First of all, the Status Bar must be enabled. ToolsOptionsView

Second, right-click on the Status Bar to see the Menu.

You may have it set to "None". Change to your choice.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP