Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
SSHO_99

Default IF or Vlookup or.... Which is best for this example:

I have 12 months and a value tied to each one. I was wondering what the best
way is to place the value in a cell if another cell has one of the months.

I assume I could put an IF statement in each cell I want the results in.
For Instance, using the values below: IF A1="October",10, A1="November",11,
A1="December",12, (etc,) would place the appropriate value in the cell(s)
that have that IF statement.

1 = January
2 = February
3 = March
4 = April
5 = May
6 = June
7 = July
8 = August
9 = September
10 = October
11 = November
12 = December

Should I use a long IF statement that lists each of the 12 months (assuming
an IF statement can do that), or try a Vlookup function (which I'm not that
familiar with?)

Thanks,

Steve