-   -   Countif - Countif (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6446-countif-countif.html)

maswinney

Countif - Countif

I understand the COUNTIF formula, but how can I subtract the results of
a column from the COUNTIF results of another column? Or can I?
For instance, if my first COUNTIF formula gives me 63 in column A, how
do I subtract the results of column B, which also contains a COUNTIF
formula that equals 14.

--
maswinney
maswinney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16497

wmjenner

5 1
6 2
7 3
8 4
9
10

2 4

Not sure if this is what you mean, but the last row in each column is
the sum of the countif. Column A adds up to 6 but, since you said you
wanted to subtract the countif of Col. B, 2 is the net answer. If you
want to see the result of both, put the subtraction in a separate
cell.

If you want the 2 to be the answer, then =countif($a$1:$a$6,"0")-b8.
The formula in b8 is simply =countif($b$1:$b$6,"").

--
wmjenner

wmjenner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5282
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=278760

KL

maswinney,

What end result are you trying to achieve?

KL

"maswinney" wrote in message

I understand the COUNTIF formula, but how can I subtract the results of
a column from the COUNTIF results of another column? Or can I?
For instance, if my first COUNTIF formula gives me 63 in column A, how
do I subtract the results of column B, which also contains a COUNTIF
formula that equals 14.

--
maswinney
maswinney's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=278760

Don Guillett

Why don't you give us your layout and the problem and the desired solution.
It's possible that a =sumproduct((rnga="joe")*(rngb=1)) would be your answer

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software