-   -   Grouping in Pivot Table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/64425-grouping-pivot-table.html)

Minerva

Grouping in Pivot Table

I have a "sheet1" with columns of data like Name, Location, JobLevel, Skills
and AvailableFromDate.
I have created a pivot for the data with 'JobLevel' and 'AvailableFromDate'
as COLUMN fields in the pivot, but I am unable to group the
'AvailableFromDate' field (based on 7 day-week criteria). In "sheet1" the
column 'AvailableFromDate' has some blank cells where the date is not
available...are these empty cells a problem for grouping?
Can this be solved without creating a separate sheet for the pivot report to
be generated?
Is there a way to group a field which has blank cells as values in the
master data?
Thanks for your help.

Roger Govier

Grouping in Pivot Table

Hi

It is the blank cells that the PT doesn't like when trying to group.
A way around this that I have used in the past, would be to change all
Blank "available from" dates way into the future (=TODAY()+367 ??),
rather than blank, and then exclude those that are over a year away.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Minerva" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Roger, I think that will do for now.