-   -   =If() results based on cell color? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/64227-%3Dif-results-based-cell-color.html)

Ken Peterson

=If() results based on cell color?

Is it possible to write a formula to base your results on the color of a cell?

For example -- if the color of cell a1 is red, then return "stop", otherwise
"go".

I suppose in Excel it would look something like this:

=if(a1=red,"Stop","go")

It's not conditional formatting because I want an actual value to to appear
in the cell.

Thanks,
Ken

Peo Sjoblom

=If() results based on cell color?

Not built in, but you can find it here

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

=IF(cellcolorindex(A1)=3,"stop","go")

Peo Sjoblom

"Ken Peterson" wrote in message
Is it possible to write a formula to base your results on the color of a

cell?

For example -- if the color of cell a1 is red, then return "stop",

otherwise
"go".

I suppose in Excel it would look something like this:

=if(a1=red,"Stop","go")

It's not conditional formatting because I want an actual value to to

appear
in the cell.

Thanks,
Ken

Bob Phillips

=If() results based on cell color?

There is a solution at
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ken Peterson" wrote in message
Is it possible to write a formula to base your results on the color of a

cell?

For example -- if the color of cell a1 is red, then return "stop",

otherwise
"go".

I suppose in Excel it would look something like this:

=if(a1=red,"Stop","go")

It's not conditional formatting because I want an actual value to to

appear
in the cell.

Thanks,
Ken