Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

Default Nested IF.. is it the right one to use?

Use the AND function, not the & operator. You didn't specify what the cell
should be if the last condition wasn't met.
Simplified, you formula could be something like

IF(AND(D6A2,D6<B2),C2,IF(AND(D6A3,D6<B3),C3,"NOT SPECIFIED"))

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Ctech" wrote in message

Hi

Im making a formula which is to return the a "Reasearch Factor"
depending on the "Cost".

One sheet contains a table of data whe Costs between "Cost From" and
"Cost To" Gives the a certain "Research Factor".

On another sheet I made this fomula which is trying to pull out the
"Research Factor" depending on the job cost.

This is the fomula Im using:

=IF(D6'Research Factor'!$A$2&D6<'Research Factor'!$B$2, 'Research
Factor'!$C$2, (IF(D6'Research Factor'!$A$3&D6<'Research
Factor'!$B$3,'Research Factor'!$C$3)))

However it seams that I can't use the "&"..

What am I doing wrong?

--
Ctech
Ctech's Profile: