-   -   Find LARGE, and th cell 3 cells to the left? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/64081-find-large-th-cell-3-cells-left.html)

Intotao

Find LARGE, and th cell 3 cells to the left?

Hi Everyone,
I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns. I'm trying to find the largest value in
column 2, then copy that cell and the cell to the immediate left to another
worksheet. I've tried sorting it, but for one reason or another it doesn't
seem to want to work...Just need to copy these values to another sheet.
Any Help would be greatly appreciated,

Into

Dave Peterson

Find LARGE, and th cell 3 cells to the left?

How about just using a couple of formulas:

=max(sheet1!x:x)
to show the max
=index(sheet1!w:w,match(max(sheet1!x:x),sheet1!x:x ,0))
to show the value to its left

--

Dave Peterson