-   -   Working Weeks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/64007-working-weeks.html)

Terry Bennett

Working Weeks

I need to calculate the number of working weeks that have accumulated at any
given date.

Obviously, TODAY()-the start date / 7 will give an approximate result, but I
really want to just count weekdays. So, Weds = 0.6, Thurs = 0.8, Fri = 1.0
but then Sat & Sun don't count.

Any ideas?

Niek Otten

Working Weeks

Look in HELP for the Networkdays() function.
If the function returns #NAME:

ToolsAdd-ins, check Analysis Toolpak

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Terry Bennett" wrote in message
I need to calculate the number of working weeks that have accumulated at
any given date.

Obviously, TODAY()-the start date / 7 will give an approximate result, but
I really want to just count weekdays. So, Weds = 0.6, Thurs = 0.8, Fri =
1.0 but then Sat & Sun don't count.

Any ideas?

Ron Rosenfeld

Working Weeks

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 16:50:25 -0000, "Terry Bennett"
wrote:

I need to calculate the number of working weeks that have accumulated at any
given date.

Obviously, TODAY()-the start date / 7 will give an approximate result, but I
really want to just count weekdays. So, Weds = 0.6, Thurs = 0.8, Fri = 1.0
but then Sat & Sun don't count.

Any ideas?

=NETWORKDAYS(start_date,end_date,[holidays]) / 5

See HELP for NETWORKDAYS. If you get a #NAME error, HELP will tell you how to
install the Analysis ToolPak.

Holidays is an OPTIONAL list of holiday dates.

--ron

Terry Bennett

Working Weeks

Thanks for the suggestion.

My own (modern) laptop has this add-in but as the spreadsheet will be used
by a number of people running Excel 95, I wonder whether it will be
available?

wrote:

I need to calculate the number of working weeks that have accumulated at
any
given date.

Obviously, TODAY()-the start date / 7 will give an approximate result, but
really want to just count weekdays. So, Weds = 0.6, Thurs = 0.8, Fri =
1.0
but then Sat & Sun don't count.

Any ideas?

=NETWORKDAYS(start_date,end_date,[holidays]) / 5

See HELP for NETWORKDAYS. If you get a #NAME error, HELP will tell you
how to
install the Analysis ToolPak.

Holidays is an OPTIONAL list of holiday dates.

--ron

Ron Rosenfeld

Working Weeks

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 23:40:43 -0000, "Terry Bennett"
wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.

My own (modern) laptop has this add-in but as the spreadsheet will be used
by a number of people running Excel 95, I wonder whether it will be
available?

NETWORKDAYS was available at least as far back as Excel 4.0 (1992) (in the
Analysis Tool Pak, then, too). It's listed in documentation I have from that
release. So I'm sure it would have been available in Excel 95.

Is it a problem for them to use the Microsoft supplied add-in? If so, there
have been formula solutions posted in these NG's that I'm sure can be located
with a search.

--ron

Terry Bennett

Working Weeks

Thanks Ros - I think I've solved it in another (less sophisticated!) way.