-   -   Copy formula to every 12th cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6385-copy-formula-every-12th-cell.html)

Jerry Derfler

Copy formula to every 12th cell

In Excel I have months and years in column A. (several hundred rows)
In Column B I have data.
I want to sum 12months of data in every 12th cell in Column C.
My forumuls is =sum(B1.B12)
How can I copy this formula down column C so I only have results showing in
every 12th cell and all the 11 cells between each formula is blank.

I prefer a non-macro solution.

Thanks in advance

Jerry

a of figures in col. B. I

Domenic

C1, copied down:

=IF(TEXT(A1,"mmm")="Dec",SUM(OFFSET(B1,,,-12)),"")

Hope this helps!

--
Domenic
Domenic's Profile:

Frank Kabel

Hi
for a non macro solution try the following formula in C12 (and copy it
down afterwards)
=IF(MOD(ROW(),12)=0,SUM(OFFSET(B12,0,0,-12)),"")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Jerry Derfler wrote:
In Excel I have months and years in column A. (several hundred rows)
In Column B I have data.
I want to sum 12months of data in every 12th cell in Column C.
My forumuls is =sum(B1.B12)
How can I copy this formula down column C so I only have results
showing in every 12th cell and all the 11 cells between each formula
is blank.

I prefer a non-macro solution.

Thanks in advance

Jerry

a of figures in col. B. I

Jerry Derfler

Thanks for your help! I now have the formula's I need.