-   -   excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/63574-excel-2003-a.html)

Attendance Calendar 2005

excel 2003

I am trying to get data from one sheet to another in the same workbook. I
want the numbers to go to a summary worksheet and nothing is telling me thats
right. I tried to link them but that is not working. HELP PLEASE!!

Peo Sjoblom

excel 2003

What did you expect as opposed to what did happened?
If you want a link you can copy and paste special as link

Peo Sjoblom

"Attendance Calendar 2005" <Attendance Calendar
wrote in message
I am trying to get data from one sheet to another in the same workbook. I
want the numbers to go to a summary worksheet and nothing is telling me

thats
right. I tried to link them but that is not working. HELP PLEASE!!

Attendance Calendar 2005

excel 2003

Well all the information transfered the whole spreadsheet to the summary
worksheet. I just want it to look like this
if I type in one worksheet i want it to show up in the
summary worksheet
Joe Shmoe
Numbers of days missed 0 numbers of days missed 7
Holidays 4 Hoilidays 8
Little girl
Numbers of days missed 7
Holidays 4

Do you get what I want to do?

wrote in message
I am trying to get data from one sheet to another in the same workbook. I
want the numbers to go to a summary worksheet and nothing is telling me

thats
right. I tried to link them but that is not working. HELP PLEASE!!

Peo Sjoblom

excel 2003

Assuming you use 2 columns so that you have numbers of days missed and
Holidays in one column and the numbers in another like column A and B and
have the same in the summary sheet? If so let's assume that Joe Shmoe and
little Girl are in Sheet3 with Numbers of days missed and Holidays in
Sheet3!A:A and the number in Sheet3!B:B and in the summary sheet Numbers of
days missed is in A2 and Holidays in A3
now in B2 in the summary sheet (the adjacent cell to "Numbers of days missed
")

=COUNTIF(Sheet3!A:A,A2)

copy down

Peo Sjoblom