Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MijC

Default Lookup min max values

Is it possible to solve the following?
I have two columns of data around 1000 rows with up to 25 parameters in ColA.
I would like to caculate the min, max mod, median, mean, stdev etx for each
of the parameters in col A.
EG
Below is a small example of the data sets.

ColA ColB
1 10
2 14
1 12
2 4
5 16

I believe I would have an output table something like this

Par Min Max Mean .....
1 10 12 11 ....
2 4 14 9 ....
5 16 16 16 ....

Can this be done?

Regards
Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Use

=MIN(IF($A$1:$A$500=$H2,$B$1:$B$500))

where the test values are in H2, H3, etc. as an array formula, so commit
with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, and copy down.

Replace MIN with M AX, AVERAGE and MEAN for the others

--
HTH

Bob Phillips