-   -   insert a page number into a cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6342-insert-page-number-into-cell.html)

Carrmuha

insert a page number into a cell?

Is it possible to enter the page number into a cell? I am wanting to insert
a page number as part of a formula.

I know looked up the code for inserting page numbers in the header and
footer, and it doesn't work... this is the formula:

=(CHAR((CODE(A$10))))&" - Page "&[Page]&" of "&[Pages]

Please Help Me!!!

Peo Sjoblom

Why don't you use page break view?

Peo Sjoblom

"Carrmuha" wrote in message
Is it possible to enter the page number into a cell? I am wanting to
insert
a page number as part of a formula.

I know looked up the code for inserting page numbers in the header and
footer, and it doesn't work... this is the formula:

=(CHAR((CODE(A$10))))&" - Page "&[Page]&" of "&[Pages]

Please Help Me!!!

Frank Kabel

Hi
there's no easy solution for this and it would require VBA. You have to
calculate depending on your printer and printer setting where the
pagebreaks ´would occur. So I would also go with Peo's suggestion or
use the header/footer

--
Regards
Frank Kabel