-   -   Searchable Database (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6327-searchable-database.html)

Shannon W.

Searchable Database

I am trying to find a solution to our customer database problem. I want to
be able to search for a specific customer name from a table set up on a
default worksheet (in the same workbook.) I already have the database set to
show customer name, address, telephone, contact, etc. I also have it
configured to use pull downs to choose distributors, and customers
represented by those distributors. What would be the best way to type in a
customer name in one cell, and in another have it return all the associated
distributors?

This way I don't have to look through distributors, via pull downs and then
the respective customers. I tried "search" and "find" functions but I don't
think this is the most convenient, effective function for this. Quite
possibly there isn't a solution outside of VBA, etc.

Thanks in advance for the help!

--
Work is work, play is play. Try to have a little of both.