-   -   I want to sort data randomly in addition to the current descendin. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6320-i-want-sort-data-randomly-addition-current-descendin.html)

ckephart

I want to sort data randomly in addition to the current descendin.

That's basically it. I have existing worksheets of data that I would like to
sort in random order. There are roundabout ways to do this with formulas,
but this can be tricky, and does not work in all situations.

tjtjjtjt

Can you really call putting data in a random order Sorting?

tj

"ckephart" wrote:

That's basically it. I have existing worksheets of data that I would like to
sort in random order. There are roundabout ways to do this with formulas,
but this can be tricky, and does not work in all situations.

Frank Kabel

Hi
the solution I know would invole a helper column with the formula
=RAND()
for all rows and sorting with this helper column. This should work

--
Regards
Frank Kabel