-   -   Defining Cell namse after they are used in a function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/63066-defining-cell-namse-after-they-used-function.html)

Mariano

Defining Cell namse after they are used in a function

I am currently modifying and correcting a workbook that creates a sales
estimate based on many, many factors from 8 different worksheets. I took
over the workbook after most of the formulas were mostly written...
I defined the names of all the important cells in the workbook, but since
the formulas were written first the formulas are still displaying the cell
numbers as opposed to the cell names. Is there a way to modify the formulas
to display the cell names without having to redo them all??

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mariano

Niek Otten

Defining Cell namse after they are used in a function

InsertNameApply

But easiest is to use Jan Karel Pieterse's Name manager:

http://www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.htm

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Mariano" wrote in message
I am currently modifying and correcting a workbook that creates a sales
estimate based on many, many factors from 8 different worksheets. I took
over the workbook after most of the formulas were mostly written...
I defined the names of all the important cells in the workbook, but since
the formulas were written first the formulas are still displaying the cell
numbers as opposed to the cell names. Is there a way to modify the
formulas
to display the cell names without having to redo them all??

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mariano

Mariano

Defining Cell namse after they are used in a function

Thanks Niek!
I looked right over the Apply tool.

"Mariano" wrote in message
I am currently modifying and correcting a workbook that creates a sales
estimate based on many, many factors from 8 different worksheets. I took
over the workbook after most of the formulas were mostly written...
I defined the names of all the important cells in the workbook, but since
the formulas were written first the formulas are still displaying the cell
numbers as opposed to the cell names. Is there a way to modify the
formulas
to display the cell names without having to redo them all??

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mariano

Mariano

Defining Cell namse after they are used in a function

That worked, but it only applied it to the worksheet that the cells are one..
it did not change it in the formulas on different worksheets.
Is it possible to change all references to that cell in all worksheets??