-   -   what is clearing an assumption? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/6300-what-clearing-assumption.html)

Bascious

what is clearing an assumption?

I encountered a question which asked me to clear an assumption from a cell. I
didn't understand and still dont understand it. Can anyone help me.

Secondly, a question asked me to create a name for some cells containing
figures and use that name against a number in a cell. I was able to create
the name, but I think The second part wrong. I would like to whether It was
asking for addition, multiplication, substraction or whatever. can anyone
help me.