-   -   Fill cells with color based on criteria in two cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/62760-fill-cells-color-based-criteria-two-cells.html)

AA

Fill cells with color based on criteria in two cells

Hi,

I have an excel worksheet in which there are 1000 rows. Each row has 10
columns. Based on Criteria (ex. Cell C's value =TRUE and Cell F
value="Yummy") I want to fill the entire row with one color and the format
the cell (ex. E with the bold font and red color). The conditional formatting
doesn't work because of the two criteria. Can anybody please help? I would
love to get a non-macro solution but if there isn't any non-macro, I would be
willing to try the macro stuff.
Thanks in advance

Chip Pearson

Fill cells with color based on criteria in two cells

In Conditional Formatting, change Cell Value Is to Formula Is,
and use a formula like

=AND($C$1=TRUE,$F$1="Yummy")

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"AA" wrote in message

I have an excel worksheet in which there are 1000 rows. Each
row has 10
columns. Based on Criteria (ex. Cell C's value =TRUE and Cell
value="Yummy") I want to fill the entire row with one color and
the format
the cell (ex. E with the bold font and red color). The
conditional formatting
doesn't work because of the two criteria. Can anybody please
help? I would
love to get a non-macro solution but if there isn't any
non-macro, I would be
willing to try the macro stuff.
Thanks in advance

Dave Peterson

Fill cells with color based on criteria in two cells

You can use multiple cells in your formula in the Format|conditional formatting
dialog.

Select your range (A1:J1000 say).

With A1 the activecell, Format|conditional formatting:
Formula is:
=AND($C1=TRUE,$F1="yummy")

And give it that nice format.