-   -   Lookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/62745-lookup.html)

Brent

Lookup

I would like to type a value on one page of my worksheet. Then have a
function in the column next to the value that looks up the value typed in and
references it to a table on anohter page and returns the value (text) that is
associated with that number. -example-

Page 1 Page 2
1 Jim so if I input 1
in A1; B2 returns Jim
2 Stan
3 Kim
4 Alan

bpeltzer

Lookup

Use vlookup. In B2: =vlookup(a1,'Page 1'!$a$1:$b$100,2,false)

"Brent" wrote:

I would like to type a value on one page of my worksheet. Then have a
function in the column next to the value that looks up the value typed in and
references it to a table on anohter page and returns the value (text) that is
associated with that number. -example-

Page 1 Page 2
1 Jim so if I input 1
in A1; B2 returns Jim
2 Stan
3 Kim
4 Alan

PowerWheels

Lookup

Sounds like a simple vlookup function to me.

=vlookup(A1,"Page2 A1:A2",2,0)

--
PowerWheels
PowerWheels's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30045