Nospam

Default Column numbering

Why do the row numbers seen on the left hand side of a worksheet jump?
In my case they are from 1,2,3, etc to 18 then it goes to 1262, 1263 etc ?

This seems to upset the facility of dragging formulas down the page when
required.

How do you get this back to "normal"

Thanks in advance

Bob

---

Frank Kabel

Hi
you probably have hidden / grouped some rows. Are the row numbers
coloured in blue?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Nospam" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Why do the row numbers seen on the left hand side of a worksheet

jump?
In my case they are from 1,2,3, etc to 18 then it goes to 1262, 1263

etc ?

This seems to upset the facility of dragging formulas down the page

when
required.

How do you get this back to "normal"

Thanks in advance

Bob

---

anilsolipuram

try in two ways

if columns are hidden
1. edit-select all - right click mouse-unhide

if column width is zero
2. edit - select all, format-coulmnwidth enter 9 and click ok

--
anilsolipuram
anilsolipuram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16271

David McRitchie

If you have drop down arrows at the top of the columns then you
have filtering. I would expect the blue coloring was introduced
with Excel 97 or Excel 2000, but you would see the selected
rows row number in blue and the arrow in blue if selections for
that column are being filtered.

To restore all cells to view.
Data, Filter, Show All
To eliminate filter altogether
Data, Filter, turn off auto filer, or turn off advanced filter

When you learn something new also learn how to turn it off,
unfortunately that is usually not described as well as how to
do something.

To learn more about Filtering see Debra Dalgleish's pages at
http://www.contextures.com
---
HTH,