-   -   can I change the $ sign to a £ sign in an MS template? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/62703-can-i-change-%24-sign-%C2%A3-sign-ms-template.html)

tony

can I change the $ sign to a £ sign in an MS template?

Bernard Liengme

can I change the $ sign to a £ sign in an MS template?

I received from the UK an Excel file in which some cells have been formatted
with the currency tool - the cells of course displayed £ symbols.

If I enter a number in a blank cell and clicked my currency tool (I am
Canadian) I got something like £12.56 and not $12.56

If I wanted to get dollars I could use Format | Cells |Currency but I could
not use the currency tool
Workaround: use Format | Styles and discover that the style for the tool was
pounds so I use Modify to make it dollars again

Any help?

Happy New Year

--
Bernard V Liengme